1. Health Permit: If your lot requires a septic system it may be necessary to obtain a permit from the County Health Department.
2. Building Permit: A building permit is required in all towns and must be obtained prior to construction. Some towns may require an engineered site plan in order to obtain your building permit. If this is the case, you will have to hire a NYS licensed engineer to design your site plan.
3. Clearing Permit: Some towns require clearing permits for the removal of any trees.
4. Driveway Permit: It is necessary to obtain a driveway permit from the Sate Highway Department if your driveway is coming off a state road.
5. Water & Sewer Permits: It is necessary to obtain a permit when tapping into municipal water or sewer.
Doublewide homes referred to as mobile or manufactured homes are constructed to a different type of building standard. This standard, the Federal Construction Safety Standards Act (HUD/Code), unlike conventional building codes requires manufactured homes to be built on a non-removable steel frame. Because of this, and many other construction differences, many town ships have restrictions on where doublewide homes can be placed.